Friday, October 31, 2008

Chemo 2, Day 9

Things are a-okay here!

Looking back at my notebook for where I was on Chemo 1, Day 9 - I am so blessed to be doing so well. That was the night of the shaking chills and fever . . . and the beginning of my stubbornness of NOT going to the hospital. Who me? Stubborn? Say it isn't so!

I continue to have "issues" in certain areas but all are manageable. Due to these issues, I haven't worked a full 8 hours a day this week. It just gets frustrating at times to "have" to deal with them. I refuse to get into the "why me" because it serves no purpose. It is what it is - deal with it. I can say that now, but there were a few times right after diagnosis and surgery that I thought I would not stop crying.

Tonight has been an emotional night for me. Yes, there was/is crying. Imagine! One of the members of my on-line support group was just diagnosed with cancer cells in her cerebral spinal fluid. She has the same subset of cancer as I, and four years after her treatment was finished, they found the cancer in her lungs. Now this. Please pray for Caryn. She is a tough fighter and her faith will get her through this to NED (No Evidence of Disease).

I heard from a high school friend tonight. It was the opportune time that I received his email. If you know me, but haven't made a blog posting or emailed me, please do.

Hugs and peace,

~Renee

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well, you deserve a little "goodness" in this journey. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, we will pray that she too has some "goodness" come her way.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, guess what? They found more than a marble in between my ears. There's an actual brain?! Where was that in my younger years?

    I am still waiting on my results. The radiologists came out after the CT Scan with some more questions for me and a bit of an indication that something might have shown up, but you know how they are, they can never tell you anything. So I am off waiting until Thursday to find out what is wrong with my sinus' and ears.

    It's okay to cry, in fact, I'll be over in a couple of weeks and you, me and Christy can all laugh, cry, whatever we want for a bit.

    I'm thinking of you and cannot wait to come and see you, and well, I suppose Christy too :), I mean after all, she is my best friend still.

    I love you!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your friend Caryn. That would be hard news to receive.
    Also sorry things are hard to deal with for yourself. Even though you say "just deal with it", it's not always easy! Glad though, that you heard from a high school friend when you needed it.
    We will pray that Caryn gets to NED. But with faith, we can be sure it will get us to heaven, which is the most important thing. With faith in the one who died for us, we can be sure of that.
    So glad this time has been better than the last for you. We will continue praying for the whole journey.
    Love you much Renee! Your cousin, Dawn & family

    ReplyDelete