Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chemo 1, Day 7

Oh well. That's all I can say.

This "bout" of cancer has really changed my way of dealing with life. Which is a good thing, I do believe. Having been the one to plan and organize things, projects, people, moves, etc., this cannot be done with cancer.

No need to get worked up because I can't beat the nausea and get out of the house. Oh well. What good would it do to get worked up? Maybe the new Renee will stick after this is all over?

Nausea is too much to get to work today. I'll try again tomorrow. I have an appointment with the Oncologist in the afternoon so we will talk about more or different anti-nausea meds. One thing I've found - besides the suggestions you all have given - is to use B6 and Unisom. This is used for pregnant women.

The sun is shining, I am grateful for health insurance, grateful for a house, grateful for the love of my family and friends, and grateful for good job. There. That's 5 grateful items.

Time for a nap with relaxation tapes. It should also help release the tension in the stomach.

2 comments:

  1. Renee,

    I've been told that having something like this hit your life only makes you stronger and more appreciative of what is around you. Having something like cancer only forces you to slow down, smell the roses around you, and realize all the stuff that we used to get upset and fret over, really aren't that big of deals, because by tomorrow, next week, month, or even year, will it really matter? It's like the old saying goes, there is not use crying over spilt milk, rather, let's just dip our cookie in it anyway.

    Love ya, and thinking of you!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are finding the silver linings in all of this, Renee. I'm so glad you are my cousin!

    ReplyDelete