Friday, October 10, 2008

Chemo 1, Day 9

I was able to work 5 hours today before I pooped out. I slept through to 5 pm when I was suppose to pick Vic up from the train station.

I am so blessed to have such a great supervisor and colleagues throughout City Hall. God's hands were definitely in the heart of the City hiring me.

I bought three hats yesterday. I wore one last night to dinner with Vic and actually wore one to work today. I needed people to see me in a hat while I felt good about myself and had my own hair. The concern was that I show up one day. with a hat, and there is a neon sign above my head, flashing "Cancer Girl" in bright pink letters.

The scarves came in from TLC.org website, but pretty sure they are going back. I can't get my arms back up behind my head to do the pretty twisty things. Possibly my hairdresser can help, plus EC at work said she'd help too.

Nausea is down IF I keep food in my stomach almost constantly. I am still troubled, tho, with the esophageal tract. There is a big lump in my throat which makes swallowing difficult. No, I didn't call the oncology nurses today about it . . . . figured I had enough meds around here to knock it out. But it hasn't.

There is a new symptom - neuropathy - in my hands and feet. I noticed it last night when I was on the computer. I thought it was because of a pinched nerve in my neck or I had a kink in my shoulder. But the tingling and numbness are definitely there. It was weird to walk around last night cause it felt like I was stepping on a cat's tail.

Found an interesting item that I may check out at Nordstrom's. It's an eyebrow stencil by Anastasia. I already have the palest of pale eyebrows, that when I do add color to them, I feel like I'm wearing Joan Crawford's eyebrows.

Feel free to leave a comment or message or a joke as I DO enjoy reading them.

Should have some interesting pictures on the blog tomorrow night. Stay tuned!

Blessings to you and your family,

Renee

4 comments:

  1. Dear Renee - You are such an inspiration! Your positive attitude is amazing.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee!

    You said you "slept through till 5pm when you were supposed to pick up Vic?" Did you mean you fell asleep at work? Sounded like it. I can picture it now, with you collapsed all over your desk!!! =0) And did you mean too, that you woke up when you were supposed to be at the train station for Vic? =0) All sounds funny! Sure Vic was good about it if that was the case.

    I'm thinking quite a lot about you today, and wanted you to know that, and that I'm really praying for you! So glad you're feeling better than last week.

    Oh, also, do you still have that lump in your throat? Is it still hard to swallow? If so, do you need to have a doctor check that? I guess I sound like a "mom" here, don't I? Sorry! Just concerned about you!

    Thinking of you and praying for you!

    Love you much!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!

    I slept from 1:30 pm to 5 pm at home, silly. But don't be surprised if I do sleep with my head on the desk.

    ReplyDelete