Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chemo 1, Day 6

Throat a little sore and swollen this morning, but otherwise, things are okay. About 45 minutes after taking the new meds, my left eye became very dry, lots of pressure and "weird". In looking in the mirror, I could see that it was a little misshapen and the "white" was grey/pink. Just weirdo looking. Not sure if that's a medical terminology.

Onc nurse says to go to the eye doctor, but Vic is at work. I made an appointment anyway and will drive myself, very slowly :-), to the eye doc. This is the same eye that has a hole in the vitreous lining, so hoping nothing is serious. But it does look weird.

Vic came home and took me to the eye doctor. The eye was definitely bulging and vision was at a minimum in this eye. All I can say, weird looking! Eewwwy! Eye doc "thinks" it's allgergic conjunctivitis that was causing the swelling and prescribed some drops. Onc nurse wants me to see me the Oncologist this Thursday since I've been having a few problems with chemo.

I think I am past the severe nausea to smells period. I'm glad that this doesn't last the entire chemo session! What has, tho, come on is the feasting after sterioids. Everything looks good. I want to eat everything, but once it gets into the mouth, there is very little taste. Fritos with cheese, steak, steak, steak with blue cheese, pasta alfredo with some gorgonzola. Okay, I didn't really eat all that, nor even had a nibble, but it is what I am craving.

We went to a small grocery store to pick up some things that I thought I could eat. After walking around the store about 20 minutes, I had to go sit outside in the car. I was shocked how tired I was. But at least we have food that I think I can eat. Now tasting it is something totally different.

Tomorrow, I will be off the new meds that make me sleepy, so I plan to go to work. At least for a few hours or as long as I can last. It will be nice to get to some type of new normal.

6 comments:

  1. Renee,

    Is there anyone that can drive you, since you're on all those meds? Do you have a neighbor, friend nearby? Hate to see you drive on all that medication.

    Praying for you!
    Love you!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't set up a list of names of people willing to drive me on short notice. But this sure shows that I need too!!! Planned appointments Vic can help or possibly the daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee,

    Have you already gone to your doctor? If not, how far is Edgewood, WA from you? Our son-in-law, Matt, parent's and brother live there up the hill in Edgewood. Is that very far from you and of course is it far from your doctor?

    I was wondering if Matt's mom, Patty Shepard, would be willing to take you to any of these appts. in an emergency like this. Let me know how far everything is, and maybe this would be possible.

    Talk soon.
    Love you,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, I am here. Just give me 30 minutes notice and I will be there. Please do not drive with your sleepy meds in you. I know first hand that it is not good. Oh, crap, I didn't tell you that story. We will save that for this weekend when I am there. I love you Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Renee -- I'm just 20 mins or so away. Please give me a call if you need a ride, and your daughter can't do it. I'm serious -- not the best way for us to finally meet in the flesh, but I'm here for you. Home # 360-886-1167, cell 253-740-2725. PLEASE call me if you need a ride, or just want me to bring What About Bob and laugh with you as we watch it.

    {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your support!! I will definitely call you Val, daughters and Kim's semi-relative.

    If you can edit your comments, you might want to take out the phone #s? Unless it's okay to have it there. I tried to moderate it, but couldn't get it to work for me.

    You can always reach me at goose1972a@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete