Friday, August 8, 2008

Walk on Water

Aug 8

Borrowing this from one of the gals on Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation (www.tnbcfoundation.org) discussion forum.

Cancer challenges us both physically and spirtually. Peter walked on water (Matt 14:22-33). Treatment, fears and worry are just some of our "waves." God is aware of my storm. He controls the waves, and my job is to stay focused on Him. God willing, this will be just another storm in my life.

Today started out as a tearful day for me. It's Kim, Dawn, Mary Ellen and Judy's fault - I read my email this morning before work, which isn't what I normally do. Their words of support and love just flowed over me. Anytime I read the comments in this blog or emails, you all have brought me to tears.

But I have my vision now. I love the ocean, absolutely love it. It's the place I go to rejuvenate and find peace. I use the imagery of the ocean to help alleviate my negative energy during dental or medical procedures or when sleep eludes me. Waves in the ocean that God is controlling. I love it! Now the key is to keep the focus on Him.

I truly appreciate every one of you who reads this blog, who have sent emails and cards, called and said prayers. Blessings to you!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't mean to make you "cry!" =0) Well actually, I'm so happy that you feel the love and concern we have for you!!! That makes "me" want to cry!! Really do love you and care for you so much!!

    I love the scripture you wrote about Peter on the water. That's a PERFECT picture of what you're going through!! Like Peter, when he took his eyes off of Jesus, and started loosing his faith, is when he started to sink. It gives me goosebumps thinking about that. You're so right, if we keep "our eyes" "our focus" completely on Jesus, He will help us (you) through our storms!!

    When Peter was focused on Jesus, he could actually walk on water. Wow!! That is amazing!! So cool!!!! You can "walk on water" through this storm, just like Peter.

    Man, do I ever wish I lived near you!! I haven't seen you in so long, and I just want to give you a HUGE hug right now!!

    And also, is it the 20th, that you have your surgery? Maybe I could call you the night before, and at least prayer on the phone with you! Not that I haven't been and won't be praying at that time too. But if I was there, I would want to come hold you and pray with you before your surgery, so maybe I could at least pray over the phone.

    Love you Renee!!
    Cousin Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. My surgery is the 20th I won't know what time until the day before. I meet with the surgeon on Aug 19 and also get radio isotopes injected into the breast afterwards. I should be home after 6:30 pm and would love to have a prayer session with you! I'll send you my phone numbers directly to your email. Unless I should make it public in this blog and we can do a bunch of 3-way phone calling/praying? :-)

    ReplyDelete