Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Home, Home on the Range

Aug 6

Vic is home! Thanks to Jen for picking him up at the hospital, he got home about 3 pm today. I didn't write last night as I was dead tired when I got home from the hospital.

I had concerns about the size of Vic's face yesterday and brought it to the nurse's attention. They weighed him and he had gained 22 pounds since Sunday afternoon! So back onto the IV fluids he went to flush out his system.

Not for the squeamish . . . not too bad, but here is a picture of Vic's stomach. He's not THAT big, , , that's still swelling. But check out the blue line. That's where they would have cut if the lapraoscopy did not work! Wowser!

Vic looks pretty darn good for having had major surgery. I knew he'd be a fairly easy patient. Now, I just need to not "hover".

2 comments: