Thursday, August 14, 2008

Waiting for the Punchline

Aug 14

Big thanks to Christy (daughter) and her daughter, McKenzie, for coming over to help us out! McKenzie proudly wore her intercom phone so grandpa (Vic) could buzz her when he needed something. She sure was proud to do this!

Quick note here . . .it's time for sleep.

Vic is looking good . . . his foot is almost back to normal. He's still a little cranky and tires easily, but that is to be expected after the surgery and then the extra drugs this weekend.

Today he had a really weird episode. He was very cold and very sleepy and fell asleep almost immediately @ 4 pm. When I got home at 5:45 pm, he was still zonked out and freezing. No fever and BP was okay (sorry honey for waking you and making you do your tests) and he slept until 7:30 pm.

I am still waiting for the gene testing. It has to come in before Tuesday! If it doesn't come in by Tuesday, I will have to reschedule the surgery. I'm only doing surgery once. :-)

If it does come in and it is positive, then I have to reschedule surgery for a bi-lateral mastectomy (both breasts off). So it's still the waiting game . . .which I don't do well. lol

1 comment:

  1. I think you are doing remarkably well in the waiting department!
    You have Vic to keep you occupied so that helps I'm sure. Keep us posted and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    Love ya.. Toni

    ReplyDelete