Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Donate Your Heart To A Stranger

Sept 17

Back at work this week, which is wonderful but, oh so tiring. I told a co-worker that it felt like Cancerville at home, but when I come to work, there is no talk of cancer. Coming to work is a break from cancer. Doesn't mean cancer isn't in the back of my mind, especially when some pain creeps in or tiredness makes me want to take a nap.

Great news! I found out that the city has approved me for shared leave! Whooo hoooooo!!!!!! Not sure if it will go retro to cover last week's 40 hours without pay, but I'll take it. Thank you, Jesus!

I was lucky to get an appointment yesterday with the dentist for a cleaning and a very thorough going over. Seems dental work has to be done before chemo given that the body doesn't heal during chemo. I need two crowns (for the implants I had earlier this year), but the dentist wants to wait to hear from the oncologist if it needs to be done now or if it can wait until after chemo. Right now, I'll just have a little dental work on Monday.

I'll see what else I can come up with to delay chemo. lol I think I should win the "B.S'er award for the most excuses for not starting chemo".

We have an appointment with the oncologist tomorrow afternoon to create a treatment plan. I am going with so many questions about the drugs, side effects and things I can and can't do to help with the side effects. Not sure if we will get it all covered in the allotted 40 minutes.

Chemo is very scary for me. I've read that other cancer survivors felt the same way, so it's a "normal" feeling. . . part of the "unknown". Not sure if I said this in an earlier post, but I think I'd rather go through 10 surgeries before going through chemo. It's not just the hair, either. It's the blasted side-effects and the fatigue/nausea.

Please continue to pray for my neighbor, LeRae. I visited her last night and the Parkinson's was pretty bad. Such a sweet woman of God, it just breaks your heart to see the body degenerate.

What you appreciate, appreciates...what you resist persists.
  1. I appreciate my friends and family who have sent emails, cards and voicemails.
  2. I appreciate that I live in Washington.
  3. I appreciate a wonderful husband.
  4. I appreciate my job and my coworkers.
  5. I appreciate my cat and the comfort he gives in the dark of the night.

Peace to you and your household!

No comments:

Post a Comment