Monday, September 15, 2008

The Birthday Party

Sept 15

Thank you all for the birthday wishes and cards!! Reading the emails and cards and listening to your voice mails just brightened my day.

I will add the cards (I've saved the voice mails and e-cards) to my Journey Support Reservoir basket with the other "get well" and "thinking of you" cards that you have sent. I pull a card from the basket to remind me that we are not alone in this journey.

Isn't it sad that even tho I'm thanking you for birthday stuff, cancer has to enter the conversation? That sucks. It's so amazing to me how much cancer over-rides even the happy times. I need to figure out a way to "be here now" (BHN) and enjoy the time that I am IN when doing fun things, i.e., seeing friends and family, going to movies, etc.

I wanted to share with you what Vic wrote in my birthday card.

I feel bad that this year's birthday isn't much to look forward to. I'm so proud of how you have handled cancer so far. You have won the first stage of the triathalon, surgery. Just remember that I'll be there by your side to the finish.

Doesn't that just melt your heart? Okay, I'm going to BHN with him for a while.
I've added a Journey Support Reservoir counter at the bottom -- did you see it? We plan on drawing from this reservoir in the months to come. Feel free to click on "Follow This Blog" . . . you can use your account ID or remain annoymous.

Thank you again!

1 comment:

  1. Renee,

    Sounds like you have a wonderful, caring, compassionate husband. God has really blessed you! What a special note he wrote to you in your birthday card!

    Hope you had a very special birthday today!

    Love you!
    Cousin Kim

    ReplyDelete