Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chemo #3 Coming Up

One of my job duties is taking the minutes for City Council committee meetings. Something which I haven't been able to do since August? September? It feels like forever, but then this cancer journey feels like it has been forever too.

Last night was my first time for taking the minutes and it felt good to do it. . even tho I was a little rusty. Given that I usually come home so exhausted at 5 pm, I was definitely tired last night and this morning since the meeting didn't adjourn until 7:45 pm. But it wasn't a horrible tired.

Today was a good day again and very busy (for me). Even tho I was tired, it was great to meet up with Toni and her friend for lunch (Toni is one of the followers of this blog and a great supporter!). Toni and I have been on-line gin-playing friends since about 2002 or 2003. She flew to Washington from California to visit her childhood friend and it was great to meet her in person. Thanks for lunch and a great fellowship time!


After lunch, I had the pleasure of a blood test to ensure that my counts are where they should be in order to have Chemo #3 on Thursday. I also had my first check of the surgical area and things looked good in that area. I forgot to tell the nurse about the eye pressure after the two treatments. Will have to remember to tell the doctor and oncology nurses on Thursday.

I was able to get in for a massage after the pre-chemo check. . . and life is good.

I wanted to share with you some other blogs I follow. These women also have Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC). Their blogs are on CarePages, which requires you to sign-up in order to read them, but well worth it. Even tho you don't know these ladies, they can certainly use words of support and care - so please leave a note on their blog.

For those prayer warriors, please pray for every TNBC previvor in the world.

GonnaBeatIt
CarynCenter

Hugs to all! Be back to you after chemo on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Renee,

    It was so great meeting you for the first time after all of these many years playing gin. I have to tell you, you look great! What a positive attitude you have and I am so inspired by you. Zalenna loved meeting you and wants to keep in touch with you. I left her with your phone numbers and will send her an email later with the email address.
    It was my pleasure to buy you lunch and I was sorry Vic didn't join us. Guess he just needed his "break" to do the other things needing to be done.
    You are always in my prayers.

    Luv.. Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Renee - We will be praying for you, I hope things will go smoothly for you tomorrow.

    Much Love - Sandy

    ReplyDelete