Friday, November 7, 2008

Chemo 2, Day 16

Life this week has been good. If I didn't look in the mirror and see my shaved head, I'd never know that I had cancer. I feel almost normal! Well, except for the nausea reactions to smells and odors and fatigue. :-)

I've had a few nights of not being able to turn the brain off - thinking about the next chemo. We had a fairly good experience last time so I have no idea why it's coming up at night.

I do notice that now that I am taking 20 mg of Melatonin, I toss and turn for 3 hours. I've seen 1:15 am on the clock more times than I want. One would think that a higher dose (3 mg is normal) would make me sleepy. It did the first two nights.

My hair is still sticking around - I'm not 100% bald. Quite a few strands fall out when I shampoo or run my hands through it. I got tired of this and last Saturday I removed those slow moving hair strands with duct tape. Yep, that's right. Duct tape. I have alot of white hair. In fact, some have grown! Go figure. I'm thinking I should dye it . . .maybe bright pink?

I continue to struggle with what to wear on the head for work. I like hats but they are too hot to wear at work. I feel like an old cancer patient with scarves that are tied behind the head. And I'm a clutz as to doing some fancy work on tying them any other way. I have found a lady who makes pre-tied scarves and bandanas. I wear this one the most. In fact, she made some larger ones for my large head. I highly recommend Mary Ann at CJ Hats!

Hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Duct tape to pull your hair out?? Now Renee, what do you think you're doing? Actually, I guess that's pretty creative! Very funny too!! =0)

    When's your next chemo treatment? You've had 2 already, right?

    Praying for you!
    love you!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm counting the days till I head over that way. I'm so excited, I cannot wait. I am going to email Christy some more menu ideas tonight, and then you and her can discuss them. Wednesday, her and I will be finalizing up the menu, shopping list, spices, pots, pans, etc, and be heading your way Friday morning!

    I personally think you should do some kind of orange and green for the fall colors outside for your remaining hair. I mean, afterall, it is almost Thanksgiving! Can you believe it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim!
    Chemo is this Thursday beginning at 10:30 am. Three of four!

    Miss Laura,
    I look forward to seeing you and your 'little' one. I sooooo appreciate you driving 5-6 hours to come to this side of the state to make us meals. Blessings upon you and your family, girl!

    Love you both!!

    ~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know when your Chemo is Renee. I sure will be praying for you from Thur. on.

    Love you!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete