Tuesday, December 2, 2008

BINGO!

Vic has a B-9 tumor called Schwannoma. Benign! Yeah!!!!!!

He hasn't talked to his doctor yet, but we believe it will need to be removed. We don't anticipate having the surgery until after January 1st. How does Vic know it's benign? It really helps to work in the pathology department where the biopsy was performed. He just found the resident who read the slides, who was willing to tell him the results.

This will give us time to replenish our Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA). Luckily, my open enrollment for insurance and the FSA ends December 12th. Vic's been tasked to figure out how much money we will need to pay for this surgery. That's hard to do!

Thank goodness for my health insurance. We picked up the medications for this round of chemo. Cost would have been $640. . . .we paid $34.

Stress is high as I have a couple of projects to wrap up at work before the next chemo. Last week was a three day week due to the holiday and this week is 2.5 days due to the biopsy yesterday. I'll get it done, but I will be so happy not to have to plan my life around chemo and the "feel good" days. I'm sure my co-workers will be happy too!

Daughter Christy is joining me at chemo on Thursday - she wants to see what it's all about. Grandpa Vic will have Courtney Jean (age 5) while Christy is with me. I suggested that the two of them go clothes and shoe shopping. For some reason, he didn't think that was a good idea.

Talk to you in a couple of days!



8 comments:

  1. Well thank the Lord it was benign! So what, you're going to have to pay for this operation though?

    Well you guys take care, will be praying for you. Love ya much, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY and take care.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee (and Vic)

    We are so glad to see that you finally had something positive happen!

    We love you!

    Sandy, Chuck and Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee,

    I am so happy to hear that Vic's tumor was benign! I hope tomorrow goes smoothly, even more then that I hope the aftermath goes well for you this time.

    huggss Toni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee,

    So thankful that everything turned out for Vic. What an answer to prayer.

    Will be praying for your last chemo treatment tomorrow.

    Love you,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sweet ladies! Your support and encouragement keeps me going1

    ReplyDelete